How can Nuance make the Savoy Top 100 website exceptional in 2012? How do we connect more people with SavoyNetwork.com, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn? What’s the easiest way to share the content from Savoy Top 100 site through social media? What is the digital PR strategy for the official press release? How do we measure success? All of these questions shouted at me daily from my whiteboard in all caps in crisp dark black dry erase marker every day our team was developing the Savoy Top 100 website. Keeping the critical questions in mind allowed us to create very deliberate solutions through our work.
Nuance Marketing was honored to be selected in January 2012 by Savoy Magazine to prepare the website for the 2012 Savoy Top 100 Most Influential Blacks in Corporate America. Our agency has a great relationship with Savoy Magazine as a client ranging from events production, editorial contributions, public relations, website design and social media strategy and we were proud to handle the 2012 Savoy Top 100 website as is a signature feature of the magazine.
Our approach toward the project started with a keen understanding of the audience and readers that would find interest in the Savoy Top 100. Architecture of the Savoy Top 100 micro site focused on integrating social media and sharing into the design. It’s not enough to have the Savoy Top 100 site found, we want people to share it via Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and Facebook. URL names, categories and tagging strategies were employed to seed the Savoy Top 100 across the social networks of people watching and interested in success. Is tagging important? The Savoy Top 100 listing has over 600 with a minimum of 3 per 100 profiles.
Design of the site was anchored in the crisp contemporary appeal of the SavoyNetwork.com site. Design elements prepared by the Nuance team included:
- Home Page Development – Included a hero image, sub navigation coding and welcome site copy
- Full List of Savoy Top 100 – In alphabetized format presented a large list that is easily navigated while increasing time on the SavoyNetwork.com site and overall page views, including thumbnail image, name, title and company.
- Individual Profile Pages – Developed individual profile pages for each executive, with SEO forward development and social media sharing functionality
- House Banner Ads – Designed and implemented coordinated internal house banner ads featuring Kenneth Chenault and Ursula Burns for placement throughout SavoyNetwork.com to the Savoy Top 100 home page.
- Integrated Social Media Promotion - Developed outbound social media messaging from the Savoy Top 100 content list distributing to Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. Managed in and outbound social media interactions.
- Analytics Monitoring & Reporting – Reviewing key site traffic metrics and social media interactions from content.
- 75,000 Headline Impressions
- 7,000+ Media Deliveries to National and Local News Agencies
- 9,000+ Google Search Engine Results for Savoy Magazine Top 100
- Thousands of likes and shares across Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn and StumbleUpon
- 800% increase in site traffic for SavoyNetwork.com